Recently, Suzie Bond contributed to a “Who’s Who” of “How To’s” regarding celebrity cover hair styles and how you can achieve them at home.
1. Begin by applying a curl supporting foam such as Texture Expert’s Curl Corset.
2. First dry the top of your hair with a round brush to build volume and direction towards the back.
3. Now scrunch dry the rest of the hair without a diffuser. You are looking to build texture, not curl.
4. Once dry, add a texture power like L’Oreal Professionnel’s True Grip at the scalp. Section the top out of the way. Gather your hair with your fingers (no brush) and twist it into a messy French twist. Secure your twist with pins. It’s ok to see some of those pins, but try to match them closely to your hair color.
5. Now place a little back combing into the base of the hair on top. Add more True Grip to achieve height if needed. Push hair back and blend it with your fingers into the sides and back. Finish with a medium hold working spray like L’Oreal Professionnel’s Infinium 3.